Our weeks all seem to fade into one long exhausting, emotional, fun, want to rip my hair out, and my heart is going to burst with love kind of day. Probably because I have pregnancy insomnia so the days blend into one!
MEDICINE FOR MAMA'S SOUL:
This view is becoming more frequent each afternoon now that the weather is improving. Aren't those white lined lanes beautiful? Jack is my consistent assistant for track practice. I'm secretly happy he would rather be on the track with me than at the barn with cows...shh...
This particular day my track kids were running 1.5 miles followed by a good stretch session. Jack didn't want to be left out of the workout. He grabbed my hand walked me to a spot on the grass and said, "Stand here and watch ME run." There was quite the emphasis on ME. I think he wants Coach Bleazard's attention just like the HS kids get. I stood there and yelled at him like I do the big kids. Jack proceeded to run TWO laps of the track...in cowboy boots. The HS kiddos and I were shocked. He got a big cheer as he crossed the finish line. He thought he was pretty cool and of course his mom did! Running is in his blood!
The track season officially kicked off on Wednesday this week. I couldn't be more excited. The small group of 3 I started working with in October has into a group of 16 the last couple months. I loved seeing the commitment they are put in before track even starts. These kids are hard working and so much fun.
DAILY CHORES:
Heath has been feeding cows every day all winter. Brock is his consistent right hand man. Heath loves that Brock is obsessed with the bovine just like him. I have loved going to feed as well. It feels good to get away from subdivision life and feel peace like this...
Brock
truly loves these cows. He is an expert (without touching the gas
pedal) truck driver while Heath feeds and has a few baby cows that are
called "his buddies". He isn't afraid of them at all. Brock the Builder
comes out when Heath asks him to come to barn to help fix a fence or do a
job. He gets his tool box, bob hat, and sprinkler boots on and proudly
says "Mom, I got to go help Dad dig some stuff. I got to go." Cattleman
is in his blood!
All
the boys were at the field this morning, when I got a call from J and B
excitedly saying they just "sawed a baby get borned". Sure enough they
saw the whole thing! Heath said Jack was a little wide-eyed and kept
asking why the baby cow was so wet! Jack later told me the baby cow was
just "hanging out of his mom and then popped out". They loved watching
the new calf try to stand up and walk too.
ABC AND 123:
Brock,
Jack and I have been much more consistent with preschool these days.
After a couple days of thinking I would never be able to teach Jack
simple math (1+1) He surprised me. He is definitely starting to catch
on. He is excited to be 5 because Grandma Annie and Grandpa Kerry will
come back when he is 5! I about cry every time he tells me that!
Learning is in his blood!
Brock
on the other hand, doesn't like to learn anything except letter B,
number 2, and favorite colors white and brown. He may not be classroom
smart right now, but he is definitely a smartie pants. The manipulate,
street savvy kind of smart. He is definitely better drawing and coloring
than Jack ever was at this age. And much more skilled at throwing
tantrums. Stubborn and strong willed will make this kid successful some
way or another! ...if you can't tell we are still struggling with this
handsome hard head! Determination is in his blood.
CHLORINE GOGGLE EYES:
Pregnancy
the third time around has been physically hard, to say the least. Since
about 18 weeks, I have been having the aches and pains that came around
30 weeks with my first two pregnancies. Some days I can hardly walk.
Even though I can't kick because of ligament pain, a little chlorine
time has been my only saving grace. The pool at the gym is a lot like
yours, mom and dad, 8-9 strokes and I'm at the wall! Chlorine is in my
blood!
PEANUT, PEANUT BUTTER...and Jelly:
J
and B eat PB for lunch and dinner nearly every day lately. I even catch
them sneaking spoonfuls if its been left on the counter. Look familiar
grandpa? The pics says it all... peanut butter is in their blood!
BLUE BLOODED BOYS:
Heath
would deny it, but I've heard from so many students on the track team
or in our ward, that he is one of the favorite teachers at the HS. There
are new evaluations all teachers have to do to not get $2000 penalties
against their salaries for next year. He passed with flying colors. He
was also asked to be the adviser for the Student Body Officers next
year. So grateful for his hard work in a career that isn't his biggest
passion. Commitment is in his blood.
Heath
took his Latinos In Action students to Utah State last week in
efforts to help them see what college is all about. Many of these
students come from homes where they are the only one in their family who
will have finished HS. I was very jealous about missing a trip to USU,
but he came home with aggie shirts for us all. The boys have worn them
to bed and all day the last 2 days. Aggie blue is in our blood!





No comments:
Post a Comment