12/21/15
Two weekends ago we got to party it up with the Swallows in Twin! The
boys loved every minute and felt lucky to have Aunt Kate as their
nursery teacher at church too. The Swallow's house is gorgeous, I loved
watching the boys play, snuggling Brayden, and talking with Kate and
Trent. Brayden and I are best buds, so the other Aunties have a lot of
work to do to catch up. Kate fed us like we were royalty! It was a great
trip. On the way home Heath nearly got us stuck in the mud on some off
roads outside of Burley looking for the feed lot test where three of our
cows are! The crazy things these cows make us do...
I've
been feeling quite sick the last week or so. I had a doctor appointment
and all is well with the babe. Heart beat was a strong 160 bpm. We get
to find out January 11th if we will continue our boy trend or if I will
need to get shopping for some bows, skirts, and flowery stuff! Winter
track is going really well. I had 3 kids coming at first and now get up
to 12 athletes some days. They work so hard, don't complain, and really
push themselves. Two of my faithfuls are running about as fast as their
PR from last season in the school halls and putting on some much needed
muscle in the weight room. I can't wait to see the payoff come spring
from all their hard work. I also currently have a monster taking over my
face. I have no idea why anyone does botox in their lips... The
swelling is also crawling up my cheek. Only my third cold sore ever but I
think it counts for 20.
Heath worked really hard to
lease a field across from the high school. He was able to get it and the
developer who owned it let us lease it for free. A big tax write off
for them and a blessing for us. He can check on the cows from his
classroom window! Not sure how much teaching is going on now. We have
three new baby calves. Brock LOVES them! Heath was up all night during a
snow storm checking on one that was
about to give birth. She faked him out and had the calf the next day
after he checked on her during his lunch break. One of the new cow's
father is named Hoover Dam, so Heath thought it was only right to name
her Damette... Brock has caught on to the name and it sounds awful
coming out of his mouth. But I have a hard time not laughing.
The
boys had a blast on our "preschool field trip" to play with Em, Chase,
Ziyah, and Lilly this last week. During our letter and shape scavenger
hunt at the mall that Bec put together, Brock shocked me when he walked
right up through the line and RAN up to Santa to sit on his lap! He told
him he wanted two baby cows and a book about little sheepies. Jack
resisted but once he saw Brock chatting it up with the jolly man, he
cautiously walked up and joined his best little bud on Santa's lap. I
had to keep things interesting and blacked out a little on our way to
the cars. Jame and Bec took really good care of me and the boys were
glad they got more play time while I rested.
Kids
really do make this season more magical. What I love most is J and B ask
to watch the Nativity movie on lds.org all the time and usually 2-3
times in a row. Focusing on the story of Christ's birth has truly
brought the spirit into our home.


No comments:
Post a Comment