Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Captain Jack's Log : It all starts with bubbles

Just the other night Jack did something that really impressed me and gave me hope that I might find him racing in a swimming pool one day! As a precursor to the story, I try to go swimming with Jack once a week, but it had been nearly a month since we had been to the pool. At the pool I usually show Jack how to blow bubbles and he watches and giggles. During bath time a couple of nights ago, I got his wash rag full of baby shampoo and said to Jack "Look at the bubbles Bud!" He instantly leaned forward and put his mouth in the tub water. Then sat up and gave me a big grin. Wondering if it was just coincidence I said, "Can you blow bubbles?" and he did the exact same thing! Pride filled my heart! I may just have a little fish, despite the fact his dad is a rock in the water.

It amazes me how much babies understand. I never would have thought he would have remembered the word 'bubbles' let only what it means. I love watching Jack learn. It makes me so happy. I can only imagine how happy our Father in Heaven feels when we learn a gospel principal and show him we know what it means by living it. The back float is next little bug!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah! LOVE it! That is so great! It also gives me hope for our boy...oh what to do with baseball dads! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please tell Jack that Aunt Bec is very proud of him. Very proud. I hear he's got a fetish with balls lately... maybe water polo could be in his future. Make mom and dad happy.

    ReplyDelete