I think one of my most favorite moments of this entire year is seeing this...
turn into this...
And this view go from yucky clay-brown....
to come roll on me luscious-green...
Project Green-Grass took longer than building our house. We finished our sprinkler system over a year ago, but with problems with our water pressure we had lots of investigating and digging to do before I would have my day with the lawn mower. Spring came and went and still couldn't figure out why we didn't have enough water pressure, so I prayed for solutions to come. I had been craving some outdoor play space for me and my boys. Sounds like a silly thing to pray for, but I know Heavenly Father cares because after a new main line was installed we had enough pressure to run a sprinkler zone and the kitchen sink!
After clearing our weed jungle, planting a few more trees, spreading compost, and a little more waiting this beautiful load pulled up in front of our house on June 9th...
We ordered with our wonderful neighbors The Winsors and practically had the entire neighborhood helping us lay 20 pallets of sod. Tara and I started at 2:30 and with everyone's help we finished at 9. I went to bed exhausted and overwhelmed with gratitude. Grateful for the color green and being surrounded by caring people.
Let the playing begin!!















No comments:
Post a Comment