I really lack creativity when it comes to Halloween dress-up ideas. Luckily I have a husband who is surprisingly creative in this department (and in writing poems, but now's not the time to share one of his poetic masterpieces). We've pulled off some great costumes in years past, thanks to him. This year Heath's ideas came from his favorite thrilling multimedia production Toy Story. It may not be the most unique family costume theme, but we look legit and oh so cute together.
(This is meant to be a picture my friend took of all if us at our ward party...I'm waiting for her to email it to me)
I was most proud of my ability to copy someone else's diy Buzz Lightyear costume off the internet. Special thanks to the mommy blogger's I don't know, who share their crafty abilities. Jack thought he was pretty cool when we got him all buzzed-out. I told Jack Halloween is the only time its okay to wear girl's tights. I wish I would have taken pictures before all our fun happened; Buzz's gadgets started falling off after trick-or-treating, especially on his boots.
That didn't matter to Jack. He loved every minute running around like a space ranger. Toy Story has been a big hit since then. He asks to watch Buzz every day.
Brock was the cutest Mr. Potato Head I've ever seen. He did scream when we put in his outfit, but he calmed down as soon as he realized he got to be held all night.
Jack thought trick-or-treating was the greatest thing in the world. It wasn't just because of the candy either. He got so excited seeing all the other kids walking up and down the sidewalks. Buzz gave everyone a friendly "Hi!" It didn't take long for Jack to figure out what this holiday is all about- knock on a door, say "Boo", and you get candy! He did get confused at most houses and gave them a piece of candy from his bucket and then took a new one out of theirs. So generous.
hApPy HaLLoWeEn!!!








Hilarious! I love Buzz and Mr.P
ReplyDeleteSuper cute and creative. Love the tights and I could eat Mr. Potato Head up.
ReplyDelete