Tuesday, September 10, 2013

A Blessed Mom of Two

As I've expressed in an earlier post, I was extremely nervous to become a mom of two kids. Not only did I not have a clue how I would manage taking care of two kiddos, but with one of them being an 18 month old that has only two speeds- fast and faster, the task seemed impossible to me. It caused me a great deal of anxiety and stress. I was not excited to deal with another miserable recovery and possibly postpartum depression again after giving birth. Heath and I spent many moments on our knees asking for peace and comfort to come to me, for added strength, and good health. I must share my testimony that I know prayers are answered. Our Heavenly Father knows the trials we will be able to bare with his help. He does let us struggle to make us stronger, but He also sends us tender mercies exactly when we need them.

Answers to our prayers have come in many different ways. I was blessed with good health and a quick recovery after having Brock. I was able to do a mini triathlon six weeks after giving birth. It was tough for me, but felt so good to accomplish something like that again. Thanks to my awesome husband who cheered me on and watched the boys so I could train for it!  Gotta love those endorphins! Being able to exercise so soon has kept me energized to keep up with the Captain. I feel blessed to have had a healthy pregnancy and no complications after birth.

Jack got me pumped for the big race.


Glad the Captain was my partner for the run leg. 
I wasn't so lonely walking the 1.5 miles with him!


These two old foggies finished way ahead of me. 
I love how tough my parents are!


Not only was I healthy, but my little family has been as well. Heath, Jack, and Brock are strong healthy boys! I realize that has been a huge tender mercy from the Lord. It made the adjustment of another baby much easier for me. Jack's adjustment to being a big bro was also an answer to prayers. He has been a trooper. Of course he has rough days, just like I do, but overall it hasn't been very difficult on him. He LOVES Brock and is eager for the day his little brother can play pass with him.

Another blessing has come in the form of new employment. Heath's commute shortened from 80 minutes a day to 5 minutes. Goodbye Hillcrest Huskies, Hello Stansbury Stallions! Jack, Brock, and I get to see Heath much more now. He even comes home for lunch! We love it. It also means I have a little more help wrestling the boys. Heavenly Father knew it was something our family needed.




I have felt Heavenly Father's love in abundance as I have turned to him in prayer, seeking His help with the challenges of motherhood. He knows the trials and tender mercies we need. I'm grateful for the refining I am experiencing as I fulfill my role as a wife and mother. Spending all day with these two, is the most demanding and rewarding job I could ask for.



2 comments:

  1. Thanks sista! I love your testimony. You AMAZE me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You set such a powerful example of faith and testimony for me to follow. Just what I needed to read today Salt.
    Looks like you're finally loosing that baby weight too. Geez, it's only been 2 months. Bet you're finally strong enought for a full out wrestling match.

    ReplyDelete