Holidays are beginning to get exciting for Jack, and the excitement is coming back for me too as I see Jack experience the fun for the first time. I feel like a little kid again just watching him. For the 4th, I was shocked when Heath told me he was going to run in the 5K without me even mentioning it. He convinced Landon and Jake to run too. Big Mater smoked him and Jake came in .36sec behind him. Old man Heath is getting out run by our nephews!
After the 5K we went to the Grantsville parade. With a ban on water guns this year, Jake and Tanner were a little bummed, but it didn't bother Jack one bit! He found a new love for taffy and flags.
Cooling off in the shade with Grandpa
Checking out the tractors with Grandma
Jack gave the parade a triple "wow"- who knew you were allowed to run into the street looking for candy or to look at a tractor! Unfortunately, that habit has continued at home...
That night we watched fireworks at the Cole's house. Heath's cousin Lacey and her family were in town. It was so fun watching Jack and his second cousin Jax play together. Jack was not as impressed with the firework tradition. Even his favorite blanket couldn't help him enjoy the show. Maybe next year...
cOwS & sPriNkLeRs
One of my favorite moments through out the summer was driving over to Erda with Heath and Jack to move sprinklers. If I could have got rid of the intense heat that drained me even at 7pm it would have been twice as enjoyable. I usually sat on the swather and watched Jack play in the field and Heath use his enormous muscles moving the line. There is a beauty and peace out there I wish everyone could experience. I'm lovin the ranching life more and more...
fArEwElL to LaNdOn
The saddest part of our summer was saying our goodbyes to Mater. Even though he is really our nephew, Landon is more like a brother to Heath and an uncle to Jack. A few weeks before Heath took him on a man date. They went dirt biking through the ranch. Heath got home and mentioned how much he is going to miss him. I'm going to as well. I'll especially miss watching him play with the Captain. Jack thinks Landon is pretty cool. Outweighing the sadness was a lot of excitement. Landon is headed to the Ghana MTC to learn French and then to Madagascar! He is going to be an amazing missionary. Teach the hell out of them and give them a little bit of heaven Landon!










No comments:
Post a Comment