This is going to be a difficult post to write. Especially because it's the eve of my little salty sister's departure to the MTC. What makes this even more difficult, is that as I'm writing she is sitting at the kitchen table singing to Jack while he sits in his high chair and he is completely mesmerized by her. I have been so excited for her, but now that she is about to leave I'm becoming a little selfish and don't want her to go. My heart hurts.
...I couldn't seem to finish this post. Since I last wrote, Jack and I made the trip with my parents to drop off Hermana Lambert at the MTC. Talk about emotional. Even though I know she is doing a wonderfully important thing, what our Father in Heaven wants her to do, it has been difficult for me. I found a lot of comfort from the talks at general conference about missionaries. She is going to be powerful. She has a sweetness that I think many people will gravitate to and be willing to be taught the gospel because of.
Kristi and I have become very close in the last five years. From running track, swimming, and playing soccer together in high school to having weekly chats on the phone when we didn't live near each other, having talks about boys and discovering new braids for our hair together- she is one of my closest friends. I've always had a big-sister protectiveness for Kristi, especially through high school and her first couple years at USU. But I have realized she may be my younger sister but she's not my baby sister anymore. I have much to learn from her. She is a confident, steady, and fun-loving young woman. I have been so impressed as I have seen her strength to stand up for her beliefs- even if that means putting boys in their place when they try kissing her on the first date! She already has the love of sharing the gospel. Kristi had several missionary experiences in the last year by helping a good friend get on track to serve a mission, have spiritual conversations with coworkers and taking them to temple square, and giving Book of Mormons to non-member classmates at school. I need her confidence in sharing the gospel! The people in Spokane, Washington are unbelievable lucky. And they better be nice to her haha!
Love you Rhino, Puff-Muffin, Yamaguchi, Power Ranger.
Be The Salt.

thanks for making me bawl. she's a keeper, isn't she, that salty 5.
ReplyDelete