Jack has always been a happy chill kiddo. It is simply part of his personality. I also think he is that way to teach me a lesson or two. Lately I've thought about another meaning behind "become like a child"...yes it means to become submissive, patient, and full of love, but I also think it means to be happy. As we are full of love for others its much easier to be happy.
The Captain seems to have that quality down. Nearly always when anyone he knows looks at him he gives them a huge grin. If he is a little bit sad, tired, hungry, or grumpy a smile or silly face from someone else often changes his mood. I can't help but wonder if he thinks "Oh thats Aunt Kristi. I love her! ...what was I crying about? I can't remember now because my Aunt Kristi is smiling at me."
I'm not trying to make Jack sound like a perfect baby (even though I think he is:) ). He still has his rough days, but overall he has taught me that a smile can often change your attitude. Days when I am stressed, exhausted, or feeling a little down- a few mins of playing peek-a-boo, tickling, or making silly noises with my Captain really changes my outlook on everything else. He has that effect on me because I love him so much. I am struggling to describe what I've learned from the Captain, but I know it has to do with love, family, and smiles. Thanks for always smiling Captain Jack! :) :) :)
Love love love it! and I couldn't agree more! Thanks for sharing sista!
ReplyDelete