Sunday, September 9, 2012

Honorary Contributors to 585 W. Mulberry Street

The last few weeks have been stressfully exhausting. We've been trying to get the painting, tiling, and electrical done on our house before tomorrow's inspection. Heath typically spent every night working on it after getting home from teaching. I don't remember the last time he was home before dark. Jack didn't always get his normal naps and it seemed like I made 2 trips to Home Depot a day. All the employees know me and Jack very well:) One lady usually comments, "He gets bigger and bigger every time I see him!" or "Weren't you here this morning?" Some days I wanted to go back to renting an apartment.

Despite all the stress of decision making, tedious paint touch ups, tile-motar mixing, light fixture installing, and late-late nights, I truly feel blessed. Mostly because of my hardworking husband. When Heath commits to something he gives his all, and does it without complaining. He put in a bazillion hours of work on our home. I'm one lucky girl.

Yesterday was one of those days when I realized how wonderful the people are in my life. My parents, Becky, Jake, Jed, Madi, and Emily sacrificed their entire Saturday to help us get the electrical work finished. Heath's parents, Trevor, and Heidi all put in a lot of time too. Craig (Heath's Dad) stayed at the house with Heath until 2 AM finishing the tile on our shower. And everyone did it for nothing in return. If they think they will be getting a fat check in the mail they will be disappointed...

There is no way we would have been able to do any of this without our families. They sacrificed a great deal to help us. Giving up several weekends, dealing with tired kids, working with lack of sleep, taking work off, using vacation days are just some of the sacrifices. Our parents, the Hatchs, Trevor, Anthony, Cass, Kristi, the Hammonds, and the Reseachs (who are pretty much our family) will all be honorary contributors of the Bleazard residence. They all deserve to have their names on a plaque or our house named after them or something:)

Thanks Everyone! We love you.

Keep your fingers crossed that we pass inspection!


No comments:

Post a Comment