Thursday, May 3, 2012
House Hunting
A few months ago Heath and I were talking about how ridiculously expensive rent is. We did some researching and found we could have a cheaper house payment for a home than a two bedroom apartment. We are sick of dumping our money into a teeny tiny apartment we don't even like, I am beyond ready to have a second bedroom for the Captain because he is a bit of a noisy sleeper, and we really don't like living in the city...and so the house hunting began. Of course Heath needs to be close to his beloved cows, we both like small towns, but want to be close to Salt Lake for Heath's job so the search started in Stansbury Park.
I'm sure most people will agree searching for a house is stressful. There has been a huge learning curve for us. To keep a long story short- We've seen many houses and dislike nearly all of them. Finding the right house for the right price has been difficult, stressful, and frustrating. Options to build have come up, which have add to the stress.... One night I threw all the house papers we had away in frustration and vowed to give up the hunt. Heath just laughed and called me the next morning to see if I had pulled them out of the garbage yet. I've learned I'm not always a patient person. Thankfully I have a husband who is. Not only is he patient, but thorough. I have learned from him how important it is to make sure you understand it all, even the little things. Sometimes it drives me crazy how much he analyzes and re-analyzes, but I am so glad he does and that he includes the Lord in analyzing.
The hunt is still ongoing, but I'm dealing with it more patiently thanks to Heath. I know things will work out they way they should... after all "home" for me really is just being with my sweet husband and my Jack Jack.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Maybe those Tooele County boys are raised to analyze and re-analyze and over analyze until I don't even know what's being analyzed. Jake is the same way. I remember feeling the same way about getting into a house; the guys just don't know what it's like to stay home. Keep being patient; before you know it you'll be spending all your free time working on your house wishing you were renting. Ha.
ReplyDeletethats so awesome your going to be buying a house! Housing is stressful but i know you guys will find the right one!
ReplyDelete