Monday, May 21, 2012

Visit From My Aunties

About a month ago my aunts Julie (from Australia) and Jenny (from England) came to the States for a vacation together. They had some crazy adventures- skydiving in Vegas, four-wheeling in Moab, mountain biking, more skydiving, and getting invites to dinner from old men. I can't speak for them, but I think the most climatic part of their trip had to have been synchronized ice skating in Park City. We had an audience and even a volunteer coach. I'm sure it was quite the sight to see a group of women with an average age of 40 years, not so gracefully dancing on the ice. It was a blast! I have really cool aunties! (I'll get the video posted soon:)



It was such a treat to spend time with them. It was only about the third or forth time we've been around each other, but it definitely didn't feel that way for me. I felt a wonderful connection with them. I finally understood where my sisters and I inherited our silliness- the Kemp side of the family! Julie and Jenny shared some great stories. Julie's husband raises sheep. I was so glad to have the chance to talk about the joys and stresses of being a farmer's/rancher's wife with her. Jenny had some hilarious stories of her work as a vet- - operations on pet chickens?! One of the best parts of their visit was seeing my mom so happy with her sisters. They had such a good time together! There is something wonderful about sisters. My mom was in heaven. I know how that is too, I love my sisters- they are my best friends. 


Jack with his great-aunt Julie
Jack with his great-aunt Jenny


I'm grateful for such wonderful relatives. Spending a couple of days with Jamie, my mom, Jenny, and Julie reminded me the importance of sisters and family.

Don't be fooled, these are my aunts- not sisters!







Love you Jenny and Julie!

No comments:

Post a Comment