Wedding Bells:
With Kristi and Blade's wedding approaching on October 17th, we treated the bride to a special day out with the salts. Words can't express the love I have for these beautiful women in my life. They are my closest friends, support system, and those I can laugh with until I cry or pee my pants. How I love them.
The big day for Mr. & Mrs. Hargiss turned out to be beautiful weather. And of course the sealing was twice as beautiful. Congrats to these two love birds! I'm so happy for my little salt. She was radiating with happiness and salty beauty! And I'm glad she is in good hands; welcome to the family Blade!!
Harvest:
Heath and I were really excited about how well our garden did this year. The only things that didn't grow well were the green beans and peas. We had more tomatoes than we knew what to do with, beets coming out our ears, plenty of carrots, a good crop of corn, zucchini, squash, pumpkins, cantelope, and peppers! Can't wait to plant this spring!!!
Halloween:
Long gone are the days where I can dictate how Jack
dresses up. I thought I could get away with it for one more year, but was
proven wrong. I had a cute idea that would all dress up as a s’more. Heath and
I being the graham cracker, our tan Jackie the chocolate, and our little toe
head Brock as the marshmallow.
Jack did not approve of his Hersey’s chocolate bar cardboard
costume. I didn’t have any back ups either. So I asked him what he wanted to
be. Bad idea. He changed his mind about 18 times. From a prince, to a loader, a
cowboy, a football player, a tiger monster truck, and so on… For our family
party with the Bleazards we forced him to wear his chocolate costume for a
picture (that I can’t even find now.) For his preschool Halloween party he was
a soccer player and Brock was a cowboy. And for Halloween night Jack insisted
he and Brock dress up as football players.
Trick or treating was a hit. Brock wanted to eat his candy
as before it even got in his bucket. And Jack loved saying “Boo!” and “Trick or
Treat!”
I sure love these rough and tough boys! Happy Halloween!
Heath's birthday! :
My attempts to make Heath's birthday exciting is loosing momentum. This year the boys and took balloons the school with a secret note in them and something he loves, like a favorite treat, fruit, drink, chap stick. We had them delivered to him throughout the day. Jack thought it was so cool. Heath requested homemade oreos for his birthday cake. Delish. Happy Birthday to my best friend, handsome hunk, and best bud and dad of Jack and Brock. Dang. We are lucky!
Cement:
Since the weather was still nice in mid-November, we decided to pour a cement driveway on the side of our house. Heath, his dad, and a coworker from the high school worked from 3 until dark. We estimated short, so Heath had to run to Home Depot to get a couple bags to hand mix the rest to finish! The boys were excellent supervisors and I really enjoyed helping with the finish work along the edges.
Fitness Coaching:
At the end of October I decided to start fitness coaching through the company Beachbody. It was a decision definitely guided by the spirit. It has been a blessing emotionally, physically, and financially for me and our family. Helping others learn to take care of themselves better and love it has been more rewarding than I thought it would. As I've done so, I've been happier and able to manage depressions much more easily!
Christmas:
Christmas was magical for us this year. Jack has started to understand the excitement of Santa, giving and receiving presents, and the importance of baby Jesus. We watched the Nativity video on LDS.org for FHE the week of Christmas. The rest of the week and even now in January, Jack asks to watch baby Jesus. One day I counted and he watched it 6 times. I'm so grateful to have the privilege to be a mother, to teach these two precious boys about their Savior, and about loving others.
































No comments:
Post a Comment