Sunday, October 12, 2014

Simple Moments : The Things that Matter

The last few weeks I've felt really anxious and stressed. Heath has been needing to spend several nights a week over in Grantsville working at the barn on their fodder project. Our dishwasher stopped working and my lap top had a virus and the optical disc drive is completely done for. Jack's preschool group was scheduled at our house and I had been facing a few hiccups in some projects I was workng on. And most importantly, we were trying to schedule a day we could go to the temple. Definitely ordinary things, not the end of the world, but I was struggling dealing with it all. 

Hind sight, I realize Satan was doing his best to stress me out and hoped that I would use it as an excuse for not making the trip into the city. I think he knows I have a hard time leaving my boys when I'm stressed and anxious.  

It was a blessing he didn't win that battle because I got to spend a lovely afternoon in my favorite place, with my favorite person. It gave me a glimpse of and reminded me why I want to win the war against that evil one. The material things, like a lap top, dishwasher, or having a cute craft for a preschool group, really don't matter. I shouldn't let myself get worked up over them.

However this place, this guy, and our handsome boys are everything that matter.


1 comment: