Last week was a long one for me personally. Heath was busy from the time he got done at school until well past dark playing his cowboy role everyday last week. I was with the boys from the time they woke until their heads hit the pillow nearly all day, every day. I honestly don't know how single-parents do it. I am completely drained. I tried to look for those simple moments to be grateful for and soak in. It was really difficult some days, but I still found them. I can honestly say those moments kept me going, along with a phone call to my angel mother to cry and vow I wasn't having anymore children (I'm sure we will...it was just one of those moments!)
One of my favorite moments from the week was bath time on Thursday night. Once he hears the water running, Brock is like a magnet to the tub. Jack couldn't be more polar opposite lately. He has despised taking a bath the last few months due to some awful rashes he has had. Brock was busy playing in the water. I wasn't planning on giving Jack a bath because I didn't have the energy to fight him, but surprisingly he said, "I wanna play Bawkie in the tub!" He willingly took off his clothes and diaper and climbed in. Once he was in he said "Two boys. Cute!" Soon they were making each other giggle and splashing like crazy. I'm not sure what was so hilarious but they were both laughing so hard they could hardly breathe. Goodbye frustration, hello love. I love my silly boys.
No comments:
Post a Comment