Saturday, January 18, 2014
Simple Moments : Peace and Quiet
On Thursday this week I took Jack to play group at his friend Kason's house. When I got home Brock was ready for a nap. He went down quick and stayed asleep for 1 hour!! Both completely out of character for Brock. I did the dishes, cleaned the kitchen and living room, and warmed up some leftovers for lunch. I can usually only get one of those things done while Brock is napping if I'm lucky. I was sitting at the table in the warm sunlight eating in a quiet house. Something so simple felt so incredibly good! I could enjoy my food, enjoy the sun, and actually think without someone interrupting by whining or pulling at my leg begging for something. Don't get me wrong- I LOVE my boys, but it was just the kind of moment I needed to rejuvenate and one I probably wouldn't have appreciated 2 years ago!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ah, yes... peace and quiet is hard to find when your a stay at home mom. Thanks for helping me remember to be more grateful when it does happen. :) I hope Brock's first long nap is the beginning a new habit for him.
ReplyDelete