Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Moments with Captain Jack : The Lactating Parrot

On Sunday I noticed one of my breasts was very tender. Within a few hours I was achy all over. I instantly knew what it was, mastitis. Ugh. It is still completely miserable the third time around. Luckily I have a loving husband and two cute boys to keep me smiling through it all.

My big little boy didn't just keep me smiling, but laughing too. I had been pumping quite a bit throughout the day to try to keep rid of plugged milk duct I had. Later that night while I was resting on my bed, I heard Heath out in the living room say to Jack, "Oh bud, that's not for you! Its mommy's." He soon came into our room and told me Jack was trying to lactate. Our Captain was holding the breast pump right up to his chest and looking down to see if anything was coming out! Got to love him. Thanks for the laugh Captain Parrot!

1 comment: