Its not good for a woman large with child to have so many hours to think and feel every tiny contraction/braxton hick. Not only are my legs restless, but my mind and heart are as well. Like most expectant mothers during their last few weeks, I can't stop wondering when my little man is going to come. My emotional and mental state is beyond ready for him to get out, but he seems perfectly content where he is-- sounds an awful lot like his big bro. Even though the last week has past by so slowly, I know I need to be patient and soak in the few joys of being pregnant because once he is here time will fly by. Before I know it, he will be running all over the house and yard with his brother, not wanting much to do with his mamma. He will grow up too fast for my liking.
Captain Big Brother has kept me busy throughout this pregnancy. I feel like I haven't had much time to ponder about and get excited for this new little being about to join our family. Thinking back to when we found out we were expecting, I have to admit I was not happy. It was a big surprise and frankly, there were slim chances I should have become pregnant- if you know what I mean...However, with an eternal perspective, I realize Heavenly Father knows what he is doing. It is the right time for this little soul to come to earth and join our family. I also know being a parent is one of the greatest ways our maker molds us into Gods and Goddesses like Himself. Pregnancy is part of that process too. Learning patience, trust in the Lord's timing, and reliance on Him for extra strength have all been lessons I have needed to learn. Maybe if I would learn these things quicker my heart and mind wouldn't be so restless. Who knows about my legs...
Although I'm trying to be patient, I can't wait to meet you, hold you, and kiss you little man!
We love you already.
The final weeks are always an emotional roller coaster but to go beyond your due date, beyond the 280 days you have counted down... for the 2nd time... has got to me an emotional skydive. Keep on keeping on, salt. It will all be worth it in the end. Can't wait to meet him too.
ReplyDeletePS- Call me any time... day or night... if you need help passing some time.