My childhood was filled with wonderful trips to places like Lake Powell, Flaming Gorge, Southern Utah, Redwoods, Yosemite, Yellowstone, Grand Canyon...and many others. If there were science lessons to be learned, beautiful hikes to take, impressive land features to see, adventures to be had, and most of all fish to catch at a particular place we probably traveled there. Looking back on it now, I feel so fortunate to have had those kind of experiences. My parents were kind enough to invite us on a trip to Flaming Gorge a couple of weeks ago. After a long school year, a break was very much needed for Heath and my Dad. My Mom and I got talking during the trip about how refreshing it is to relive childhood experiences. She just got back from Hawaii and body surfing there took her back to the days she spent in the surf while vacationing in France as a little girl. This trip did the same thing for me. I felt the child-like adventurous side of me come back- especially when Heath and I were on top of a 35 ft cliff or while we were wrestling for position on the tube, hanging out on the boat while the fishermen caught fish after fish, or when my Dad quizzed me about some rock formation.
The trip was wonderful. Jack handled camping fairly well. He loved watching the wake the boat made and found out he loves sucking the juice out of grapes. I got much needed sun and time outside, my Mom got Jack-time, and Heath and my Dad caught 50+ fish. It was a great start to summer.
Fish were caught...
Cliffs were jumped...
Life jackets were worn... (even though we think his cheeks alone could make him float!)
Tubes were ridden... (just so everyone knows- I knocked Heath off.)
Sun was soaked...
Naps were taken...
Glassy water was skied... (my first time in 2 years!)
Boats were driven...
Mohawks and mullets were styled...
More wonderful memories were made...
Thanks for the fun-filled trip Mom and Dad!
So glad your individual activity was a huge success. Love the fishing picture of Jack and Dad. Looks like Dad is getting him on the right track.
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute little family! Looks like lots of fun. And ha ha, about your little guys cheeks keeping him afloat. Our little guy is the same. :)
ReplyDelete